Why Canadians Our U.S. Mortgage Solutions
We’ll use your Canadian credit history when reviewing your application. We’ll also look at your RBC relationship.
We offer financing in all 50 states. There are no limits to where you can buy!
Reduce your one-time impact of foreign exchange costs to just a 20% down payment plus closing costs.
Our mortgages come with no payment restrictions – so you can make penalty-free, lump-sum payments anytime.
I'm a Canadian Looking To...
Buy a U.S. Home
Your U.S. home is within reach! Here’s how we can help.
- Buy wherever it feels like home. We offer financing in all 50 states.
- Unlike other U.S. banks, we won’t treat you like you’re invisible. We use your Canadian credit history to help you qualify.
- We won’t charge you a foreign national premium. You’ll save up to 2% on your rate and potentially thousands over the life of your mortgage.
- We’ll help you keep things flexible. Choose a 3, 5, or 7-year mortgage term25. Then renew it at no cost when the initial term expires. Or, move to a variable rate.
- Spread out your future foreign exchange costs. Because your mortgage payment is based on a 30-year amortization, your payments are kept low.
- We don’t charge pre-payment penalties. So you can pay down or pay off your mortgage at any time.
Video: U.S. Mortgages for Canadians
Use My U.S. Equity
Take advantage of your home’s appreciation and the strong U.S. dollar.
- Borrow up to 80% of your home’s value. Access your equity and improve your U.S. cash flow.
- Move money back to Canada. Easily move the money earned from the currency exchange back to Canada.
- Easily manage your U.S. expenses without having to deal with foreign exchange.
- Enhance your U.S. lifestyle. Renovate your U.S. home, buy a boat, pay for schooling, or fulfill other goals for your life south of the border.
- Preserve the credit you have available in Canada.
Video: Unlocking the Equity in Your U.S. Home for a Canadian – Refinance or HELOC
The RBC Bank U.S. Mortgage Deal is On
Save with a $0 underwriting fee on new mortgages28. That's a savings of up to $825 USD (or over $1,000 CAD). Apply by June 30th, 2020.
Already have a Purchase Agreement on a U.S. home?
Check Our U.S. Mortgage Rates
Get a customized mortgage rate based on the details of your home purchase.
Calculate Your U.S. Mortgage Payment
Tell us about the home you’re looking at to get an estimate of your regular mortgage payment.
Your Guide to Buying a U.S. Home
This one-stop resource provides tips and guidance on what you need as you begin your U.S. home buying journey—from finding a realtor, financing your purchase, understanding your insurance requirements and more.
Please check your email for your link to “Buying Your U.S. Dream Home: A Guide for Canadians”.
Please try again later.
Search U.S. Homes
Want to check out what’s on the market right now? Our listings are updated every 15 minutes, so once your dream home hits the market, you’ll find it fast!
Winter Destination Series
Looking to retire somewhere warm… or just a getaway to enjoy the sunshine? Check out our guides to popular U.S. winter destinations.
More Ways We Can Help
As you travel through your home buying journey, we can assist with details big and small.
The mortgage process is a bit different in the U.S. Knowing what to expect can make things smoother from the beginning.
Getting ready to buy? We can help you navigate the process from start to finish.
Keep track of the documents you need to provide as you work through the home buying process.