1. Free and instant fund transfers
Standard account charges may apply. Maximum transaction limits may apply and are subject to change. Availability of the money will depend on the time when it is sent from Royal Bank of Canada or RBC Bank. Transaction may not appear on your RBC Bank account transaction history until the following day but will reflect the date of transfer.
2. No-fee ATM access
There is no fee associated with accessing these ATMs but standard account charges and transaction limitations will apply. To find a no-fee ATM near you visit www.maps.rbc.com/rbcbank. If you can't find a no-fee ATM nearby, you can use your RBC Bank Debit card for cash back with your purchases at many larger retail merchants such as grocery stores, or visit any U.S. ATM and request a refund of the ATM fee. Refund requests can be made by signing into online banking and sending a secure message to our online banking support team. All refunds are subject to limitations, refer to the Personal Schedule of Fees for details.
3. Reimbursement of other banks’ ATM fees upon request
If ATM fees apply, during the process, you will be notified of the fee and will be required to accept the fee if you desire to complete the transaction.
Refunded fees: Up to 2 fees per cycle for Direct Checking and Royal Embassy Checking account holders and up to 4 fees per cycle for Premium Checking and Preferred Checking account holders; upon client request.
4. "Get a U.S. based credit card", loans, or Personal Line of Credit
All loans and lines of credit are subject to credit approval.
5. Money Market or personal savings accounts
Federal regulations and the Personal Services Agreement limit the number of the following types of withdrawals and transfers from a savings or money market account to a total of six (6) each monthly statement period: automatic or pre-authorized transfers, telephone transfers, Online and Mobile Banking transfers or payments or, if checks or debit cards are allowed on the account, check, draft and point-of-sale transactions. If you repeatedly exceed the limit, we may close or convert your savings or money market account to a different account type. An RBC Bank checking account is required to open a Preferred Money Market Savings account or a Personal Savings account.
6. Earn 1 RBC Rewards point for each $1 spent
Refer to the RBC Rewards Program Rules and Conditions provided with your card for details. Rewards Points are not earned on balance transfers and cash advances.
7. Transfer RBC Rewards points
When transferring points, points are converted at a 2 to 1 ratio from RBC Bank to Royal Bank of Canada – meaning for every 2 RBC Rewards points transferred from your RBC Bank account, you will receive 1 RBC Rewards point from Royal Bank of Canada. Once points are transferred, points will be guided by the Terms and Conditions of the RBC Rewards Program at Royal Bank of Canada. For complete terms, conditions and restrictions that apply to the RBC Rewards program, please visit www.rbcbankrewards.com or call 1-888-257-6837.
Mortgages are subject to approval, including verification of acceptable income, credit worthiness and property valuations. Minimum and maximum property values and maximum loan-to-value ratios apply. Homeowner’s insurance is required for all loans and lines of credit and flood insurance is required if the property is located in a Special Flood Hazard area. Escrows may be required on mortgages. There are closing costs associated with mortgage products.
9. Reference to external insurance offered by Visa
All insurance is subject to limitations and exclusions. Insurance products are offered by Visa and are not insured by the FDIC or any federal government agency and are not a deposit or other obligation of, or guaranteed by, any bank or bank affiliate.
10. Visa Zero Liability Policy
Visa's Zero Liability Policy covers U.S. issued cards only and does not apply to commercial credit cards, ATM transactions, or PIN transactions not processed by Visa. Cardholder must notify card issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult issuer for additional details or visit www.rbc.com/security.
Personal Checking Accounts
11. Number of monthly debits
Debit transaction charges do not include service charges and online fund transfers such as a transfer to a deposit account, a credit card payment and north and south transfers from an RBC Royal Bank account and RBC Bank account in the same name.
12. US deposit accounts insured by FDIC
Subject to the maximum extent permitted by law. Amount of coverage is based on the account balance and account ownership. For details visit http://www.fdic.gov.
A penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal. Fees could reduce earnings.
Money Market Accounts
16. Up to 6 transactions per month - free of charge
Fees may apply for transactions which exceed the monthly limit of 6 debit transactions per account.
17. APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
APY (Annual Percentage Yield) is accurate as of . APY’s are subject to change at any time and are not tied to an index. Standard account fees may reduce earnings.
18. APY (Annual Percentage Yield) is accurate as of . APY’s are subject to change at any time after the guarantee date and are not tied to an index. Standard account fees may reduce earnings. Offer is available only to existing RBC Bank clients on personal accounts who receive this offer direct from RBC Bank. Non-personal and business accounts do not qualify. Preferred Money Market Savings account must be opened and funded by June 30, 2019 to qualify for the exclusive rate. Funds deposited into Preferred Money Market Savings account must be new money not currently on deposit with RBC Bank (U.S.) Maximum new deposit per client is $5 million without prior consent from RBC Bank. It may take up to two business days from date of deposit for rate to apply.
20. No annual fee
All loans and lines of credit are subject to approval. Additional credit card transaction fees will apply as follows: Balance Transfers - Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater (after the end of the introductory period, the maximum fee is $99). The Balance Transfer fee has no maximum during the introductory period (first 6 monthly billing cycles); thereafter, this fee will be a maximum of $99 per Balance Transfer. Cash Advances - Either $5 or 3.5% of the amount of each Cash Advance, whichever is greater. Foreign Transaction Fee - 1.5% of the U.S. Dollar amount of the foreign transaction if the transaction is conducted in foreign currency. Platinum: 3% of the U.S. dollar amount of the transaction if the transaction is conducted in a foreign currency. Late Payment Fee - up to $35. Returned Payment Fee - up to $35. Annual Fee Visa Platinum Rewards Plus - $55. Annual Fee Visa Signature Black Plus - $75. Annual Percentage Rate is 9.99% to 19.99% for Visa Platinum and Visa Signature Accounts based on your credit worthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Prime Rate: As published in the Wall Street Journal; current rate is 3.25% as of April 1, 2020.
21. Apple Pay
Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc.
22. "Prime rate"
Prime Rate: As published in the Wall Street Journal; current rate is 3.25% as of April 1, 2020.
23. Travel and emergency services
Travel services are subject to limitations and exclusions. Travel services are offered by Visa and are not an obligation of, or guarantee by any bank or bank affiliate.
24. Redeem RBC Rewards for Cash Back
1.00% cash back from the Visa Signature/Platinum Rewards and 1.25% cash back from the Visa Signature Black/Platinum Rewards Plus credit cards can only be redeemed with RBC Rewards Points.
0% introductory APR Black & Plus Card
1.00% cash back from the Visa Signature/Platinum Rewards and 1.25% cash back from the Visa Signature Black/Platinum Rewards Plus credit cards can only be redeemed with RBC Rewards Points.
25. Mortgage term (3, 5, 7, 10 year ARM) OR a down payment (ie 20% down payment required)
3, 5, 7, or 10-year term refers to the period of time the interest rate is set at the beginning of the loan period which is 30 years (360 months); after the initial fixed rate term, the interest rate will adjust annually. Example: 3-Year Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM) calculation assumes a $250,000 loan amount, 4.000% interest rate, 4.764% APR, with 20% down payment, amortized over 360 months = $1,193.54 monthly payment. Example: 5-Year ARM calculation assumes a $250,000 loan amount, 4.125% interest rate, 4.679% APR, with 20% down payment, amortized over 360 months = $1,211.62 monthly payment. Example: 7-Year ARM calculation assumes a $250,000 loan amount, 4.375% interest rate, 4.699% APR, with 20% down payment, amortized over 360 months = $1,248.21 monthly payment. Example: 10-Year ARM calculation assumes a $250,000 loan amount, 4.500% interest rate, 4.455% APR, with 20% down payment, amortized over 360 months = $1,266.71 monthly payment. Rates and payments are subject to increase after initial fixed period of loan. If the down payment is less than 20%, mortgage insurance may be needed on the loan. This could increase the monthly payment and the interest rate. Rates subject to increase after consummation.
26. Mortgage interest may be deductible against taxes
Consult your financial, tax, legal, and other professional advisors prior to applying for a U.S. mortgage.
27. Refinance or Refinancing
Refinancing not offered for properties in Texas.
28. RBC Bank U.S. Mortgage Deal
To qualify for the $0 underwriting fee, a full and complete mortgage application must be submitted by June 30th, 2021. Mortgages must fund within 120 days of the application date. Offer may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. Offer is only available to the following clients; new RBC Bank mortgage/Home Equity Line of Credit (1st or 2nd homes), Investment Properties, and Refinance on a property that is owned free and clear. Additional bank fees and third party fees apply and are paid separately. Mortgage and HELOC offer may be combined: if a client closes on an eligible mortgage and also opens a second lien HELOC with RBC Bank, both products will have a $0 underwriting fee. That’s a savings of $924 USD (or over $1,200 CAD). May not be combined with any other special offers.
29. Offer period is November 1st, 2020 through October 31st, 2021 (“Offer Period”). Offer is available for new clients of RBC Bank (U.S.) only. A new client is defined as an individual who has not been a primary or secondary account holder on any RBC Bank (U.S.) checking account for the 18 months prior to the start of the Offer Period. To qualify, client must open a new RBC Bank Direct Checking account and apply for an RBC Bank credit card at the same time before the end of the Offer Period. Employees of Royal Bank of Canada do not qualify for this offer. RBC Bank Direct Checking account must be funded according to the Personal Schedule of Fees. For eligible clients, RBC Bank will waive the Direct Checking monthly or annual fee for 1 year from account open date. All other checking account fees apply. If a client applies for a RBC Bank Visa Signature Black Plus/Visa Platinum Rewards Plus credit card, the annual fee of the credit card is not waived. Offer is available for a limited time only and can be withdrawn at any time.
30. HELOC including rates
Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOCs) are subject to approval, including verification of acceptable income, credit worthiness and property valuations. Minimum and maximum property values and maximum loan-to-value ratios apply. Homeowner’s insurance is required for all loans and lines of credit and flood insurance is required if the property is located in a Special Flood Hazard area. Equity Line and corresponding APR will be priced using a base rate of prime rate (as published in The Wall Street Journal.) Current rate is 3.25% as of April 1, 2020, plus or minus a margin disclosed at the time of application. Rates are subject to change based on changes in the Prime Rate, but will not exceed 18%. Paying the minimum payment may result in a balloon payment when the line matures. A one-time $99 underwriting fee and third-party closing costs may apply. For example, the average closing cost associated with a $100,000 home equity line of credit in Florida is $4,500. Actual third party costs may vary. Home equity lines of credit have an annual fee of $50. Home Equity Lines of credit are not offered for properties in Texas. Home Equity Lines of Credit are not available for investment properties. An investment property is a property that is not occupied by the owner/borrower for at least two weeks per year.
31. Offer period is 01/01/20 through 06/30/21 and may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. To qualify, a full and complete RBC Bank Home Equity Line of Credit application must be submitted by June 30th, 2021 and fund within 120 days of the application date. Eligibility is subject to RBC Bank Lending Guidelines and additional terms and conditions apply. An RBC Bank Premium Checking account is required. Offer is available for loan amounts between $25,000 and $750,000. The actual amount you can borrow may vary based on factors such as credit history, property type, occupancy, lien position and loan to value amount. RBC Bank agrees to pay certain usual and customary closing costs and fees associated with issuing a Home Equity Line of Credit ("HELOC"). These costs typically include: origination fee, appraisal fee, credit report fee, title search and title insurance costs, flood determination costs, and filing fees. Escrow or prepaid requirements are not covered by RBC Bank, and include items such as Homeowner Association Dues, property taxes, property insurance, flood insurance and mortgage interest. Based on your loan scenario, certain taxes (such as transfer tax, doc stamps, intangible tax, recording tax, mortgage tax or other taxes) may apply and you will not be eligible for this offer. However, you may be eligible for one of our other HELOC programs. If you close your Home Equity Line of Credit within 24 months of opening the account, you will be required to pay all of the costs that were paid by RBC Bank in connection with the opening and issuance of the account. This is in addition to any outstanding balance that may exist on the loan. For eligible clients, RBC Bank will waive the annual fee for the Premium Checking account and HELOC as long as both remain open and in good standing. If you close your HELOC at any time, the annual Premium Checking account fee of $99.95 will begin to apply.
32. Additional fees will apply as follows: Late Payment Fee 5% of the amount of the regularly scheduled payment, subject to a minimum charge of $15.00. Returned Check Fee $25. Returned Payment Fee $25. Overlimit Fee $35 and Nonsufficient Funds Fee $35. The Annual Percentage Rate is 8.50% to 15.00% based on your credit worthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Prime Rate: As published in the Wall Street Journal; current rate is 3.25% as of April 1, 2020.
34. Reference to Travel HealthProtector on RBC Bank documents
Travel HealthProtector insurance is an optional group insurance available to clients of RBC companies who are residents of Canada. Travel HealthProtector insurance is underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada. In Quebec, certain coverages are underwritten by RBC General Insurance Company. RBC Bank does not offer or sell Travel HealthProtector insurance and insurance products are not insured by the FDIC or any federal government agency and are not a deposit or other obligation of, or guaranteed by, any bank or bank affiliate. The purchase of Travel HealthProtector insurance is not required as a condition of obtaining any product or service of RBC Bank.
35. Savings are for illustrative purposes only.
They are based on the typical 2.5-3.5% foreign transaction fee that is charged on U.S. purchases by most Canadian credit and debit cards but is not charged on U.S. purchases with the RBC Bank Visa Signature Black credit card; and also factors in the $39.50 USD annual fee for the RBC Bank Direct Checking account (with eStatements). These savings are then converted to Canadian dollars at a rate of 1.301, which is the 12-month rolling average of the CAD – USD exchange rate posted on the Bank of Canada website as of . Fees and exchange rates are subject to change without notice.
36. Most Canadian credit and debit cards charge a foreign transaction fee between 2.5-3.5% on U.S. purchases.
37. Additional fees will apply as follows: Late Payment Fee 5% of the amount of the regularly scheduled payment, subject to a minimum charge of $15.00. Returned Check Fee $25. Returned Payment Fee $25. Overlimit Fee $35 and Nonsufficient Funds Fee $35. The Annual Percentage Rate is 8.50% to 15.00% based on your credit worthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. Prime Rate: As published in the Wall Street Journal; current rate is 3.25% as of April 1, 2020.
38. RBC U.S. HomePlus™ Rewards is offered by RBC Bank with HomeStory Real Estate Services (HRES), a licensed real estate broker. HRES is not affiliated with RBC Bank and RBC Bank is not responsible for the program provided by HRES. To qualify for the RBC U.S. HomePlus™ Rewards, you must enroll in the program and use the assigned network real estate agent to complete the buy transaction. Your enrollment and reward eligibility is good for 18 months. If you do not purchase a home during that time, you must re-enroll to become eligible for the cash reward. For full details, please review the program terms and conditions.
39. This company is not affiliated with RBC Bank and RBC Bank is not responsible for the offer provided by this company.
40. Home prices accessed from Calgary Real Estate Board and Zillow.com, April 2020.
‡ U.S. version of trademarks
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
* Premium Interest Checking and Preferred Checking products are no longer available for new clients.
** RBC Bank is RBC Bank (Georgia), National Association (“RBC Bank”), a wholly owned U.S. banking subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, and is a member of the U.S. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (“FDIC”). U.S. deposit accounts are insured by the FDIC up to the maximum amount permissible by law. U.S. banking products and services are offered and provided by RBC Bank. Canadian banking products and services are offered and provided by Royal Bank of Canada. All deposit accounts, loans and lines of credit are approved by RBC Bank. U.S. deposit accounts are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (“CDIC”). RBC Bank - 8081 Arco Corporate Dr, Suite 400. Raleigh, NC 27617. www.rbcbank.com