Key Benefits for Canadians Studying in the U.S.
As an international student in the U.S., you’ll want to concentrate on school and not your banking. We make cross-border banking easy and secure in all 50 states.
Get the Funding You Need
If you need help paying for school, our Royal Credit Line for students gives you the freedom to borrow what you need, when you need it.
Cross-Border Bundle for Students
Direct Bundle for Students
Choose this bundle if you:
An account to provide you unlimited instant online exchange and transfers1 between the U.S. and Canada
- 10 debits/month; $1 per additional debit13
- Pay your U.S. credit card and other bills and deposit U.S. checks online
- $0 minimum balance; $50 deposit required to open
- Pay your U.S. bills and deposit U.S. checks online
- Link your RBC Bank and RBC Royal Bank accounts with a single sign-in and transfer funds back and forth.
- FDIC insured up to $250,000 per ownership category10.
Visa Signature Black
A no-annual-fee4 U.S.-based rewards credit card that uses your Canadian credit history to qualify – or you can apply with a co-signer.
Introductory APR: 0% for 6 months
- Built-in insurance coverage that protects your travels, purchases and more11
- Avoid currency fluctuations for U.S. dollar transactions
- Roadside assistance
- Emergency cash and card replacement
- Enjoy travel perks such as signature concierge services to scheduled events and access to tickets.
- You’re covered by Visa’s Zero Liability Policy protecting you against unauthorized use12.
Apply Online In Just 5 Minutes
It’s easy and quick. Use your Canadian credit history, address and ID to apply