Our Cross-Border Mortgage
Specialists are here to guide you
through the process.
RBC Bank makes financing real estate in the U.S. simpler for Canadians. As the only national mortgage provider dedicated to helping Canadians purchase property in the U.S., we're able to meet your mortgage needs and more smoothly guide you through the process.1
Benefits of a U.S. Mortgage
The U.S. mortgage industry is highly regulated. That means securing a mortgage loan in the U.S. is more complex and takes longer than in Canada. Yet, there are several benefits to financing real estate in the U.S. with RBC Bank.
- Canadian credit history. We'll use your Canadian credit history to help you secure your loan.
- We get to know you. For RBC Royal BankTM clients, we'll review your full RBC relationship to know as much as we can about you.
- No prepayment penalties. You can repay your mortgage at any time you like.
- We "speak Canadian". By specializing in real estate lending for Canadians, our dedicated team of cross-border mortgage specialists expertly guide you through the differences between the U.S. and Canada and put the process in terms you understand.
- No foreign national fee. Many U.S. banks charge Canadians a foreign national premium, which can add 1 to 3% to your mortgage rate. RBC Bank never charges a foreign national premium fee.
1 All loans and lines of credit are subject to approval, including verification of acceptable income, creditworthiness, and property valuations. Minimum and maximum property values and maximum loan-to-value ratios apply. Homeowner’s insurance is required for all loans and lines, and flood insurance is required if property is located in a Special Flood Hazard Area. Escrows may be required. There are closing costs associated with these products.