- Checking accounts
- Compare checking accounts
- Debit cards
- Savings accounts
- Compare savings accounts
- Credit cards
- Online Banking
Visa‡ Debit card
Simply put – debit cards are convenient. With an RBC Bank Visa Debit card in your wallet, there’s no reason to carry cash when you’re in the U.S. You can get cash whenever you need it at thousands of no-fee ATMs1 in the U.S. or at many large retailers such as grocery stores – just ask for cash back with your purchase.
Other Debit card benefits include:
- Save money, avoid foreign transaction fees – If you use your Canadian credit card in the U.S., you’ll typically pay up to 2.5% in foreign transaction fees on top of the purchase amount. Instead, use an RBC Bank U.S. Debit card to pay for U.S. purchases and you’ll save up to $25 for every $1,000 USD you spend.
- Visa purchasing power – Pay for purchases, big or small, in-store, online or over the phone at millions of merchants worldwide.
- Convenient ATM deposits – Deposit U.S. currency and U.S. dollar checks at thousands of no-fee ATMs1 that accept deposits.
- Chip technology – Enjoy the enhanced fraud protection chip technology provides.
- Visa’s Zero Liability Policy2 – There's no personal liability in the event of fraudulent use when you sign for purchases.
- Link your card to Visa Checkout‡ - pay online or on the go from your mobile phone or tablet in one quick, secure step whenever you see the Visa Checkout logo.
- Pay for purchases with Apple Pay‡ - an easy and secure way to conveniently pay for purchases in stores and in apps.
‡ All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc.
1 Standard account fees and transaction limitations will apply. To find a no-fee ATM near you visit www.rbcbank.com/atms. If you can't find a no-fee ATM nearby, you can use your RBC Bank Debit card for cash back with your purchases at many larger retail merchants such as grocery stores, or visit any U.S. ATM and request a refund of the ATM fee. Refund requests are subject to limitations, refer to the Personal Schedule of Fees for details.
2 Visa's Zero Liability Policy covers U.S. issued cards only and does not apply to commercial credit cards, ATM transactions, or PIN transactions not processed by Visa. Cardholder must notify card issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult issuer for additional details or visit www.rbc.com/security.