- Checking accounts
- Compare checking accounts
- Debit cards
- Savings accounts
- Compare savings accounts
- Credit cards
- Cross-border solutions
An easier way to manage your banking while you’re in the U.S.
With a U.S. checking account, you can easily pay bills, make purchases, and get cash while you are in the U.S. Plus, you’ll also save money. With RBC Bank, you can transfer funds across the border instantly and for free1, pay bills with U.S. checks, access cash through a no-fee ATM network, and deposit U.S. checks from just about anywhere – even your kitchen table – whether that happens to be in the U.S. or Canada. If you travel, you’ll appreciate the convenience of Online Banking & Bill Pay, which lets you pay your U.S. bills remotely.
With our unique checking accounts, you’ll enjoy a variety of conveniences at no additional charge.
- Instant, free online transfers1 between your RBC Bank (U.S.) and RBC Royal Bank™ (Canadian) accounts
- An RBC Bank Visa‡Debit card for making U.S. purchases and getting cash while avoiding foreign transaction fees
- Online Banking & Bill Pay
- Access to more than 7,300 no-fee ATMs for cash withdrawals and to make deposits (U.S. dollars)
- Convenient, secure, free U.S. Remote Deposit2 to deposit U.S. dollar checks drawn on U.S. banks into your RBC Bank checking or savings account
- Initial order of basic checks
- Interest on your balance.
- eStatements available to view your checking account statements anytime, anywhere
- FDIC insured funds up to $250,000 per ownership category
Our premium cross-border banking checking account offers a wide variety of advantages, including personalized service from our dedicated team of Relationship Managers.
- Preferred foreign exchange rates on all cross-border transfers
- Interest earned on all balances
- A higher interest rate on Preferred Money Market Savings balances
- No RBC Bank fees to use any ATM in the U.S.
(reimbursement of ATM fees charged by other banks up to four per month, upon request)
- No minimum balance requirements ($25 minimum account opening balance)
- Free ID theft restoration service
- $19.95 monthly maintenance fee
Royal Embassy Checking
Tap the ease and convenience of cross-border banking with a basic checking account.
- No minimum balance requirements
- No RBC Bank fee to use any ATM in the U.S.
(reimbursement for ATM fees charged by other banks up to two per month, upon request)
- $2.95 monthly maintenance fee when enrolled in eStatements or $3.95 per month otherwise
How long will it take to receive my checks and/or debit card?
If you ordered checks, you will receive them within 7 to 14 days after you made the initial deposit into your account. You’ll receive your RBC Bank Visa‡ Debit card within 7 to 14 days after you opened your account. When you receive your debit card, don’t forget to activate it! You can activate your debit card easily by calling 1-866-601-7794 and following the prompts. When you are done, sign the back of your card and start using it.
How do I get my PIN (personal identification number)?
You’ll receive a separate mailing with a new personal identification number (PIN) for use with your new RBC debit card. If you like, you can change your PIN, but you will need the original PIN you receive in the mail to accomplish that. You also may reset your debit card PIN using Automated Telephone Banking.
‡ All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All loans and lines of credit subject to approval.
1 Maximum transaction limits apply and are subject to change. Availability of the money will depend on the time it is sent from RBC Royal Bank or RBC Bank. Transaction may not appear on your RBC Bank (U.S.) account transaction history until the following day but will reflect the date of the transfer.
2 Limits apply. A maximum of three deposits per day totaling no more than $3,500 in deposited items applies. You may transmit a maximum of nine deposits over any five consecutive business days totaling no more than $7,000 in deposited items. Contact us for higher limits if needed.