Use Apple Pay to make payments the easy, secure and private way!
Apple Pay‡ lets you use iPhone‡ 6 or newer to pay for purchases with your RBC Bank Debit and Credit card at hundreds of thousands of merchants accepting contactless payments. You can also make purchases within participating apps on Apple Pay compatible devices.
Pay with a single touch
In stores: To pay, just hold your iPhone near the contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID‡. A vibration and beep will let you know that your payment information was successfully sent.
Within apps: Pay with a single touch within apps on Apple Pay compatible devices. Simply select Apple Pay and place your finger on Touch ID.
Look for the Apple Pay icon at checkout.
A secure way to pay
Apple Pay transactions are a more secure way to pay because they don't use your card number. Instead, a unique Device Account Number is assigned when you add your RBC Bank Visa Credit or debit card to the encrypted Apple environment. When you make a purchase, the Device Account Number, along with a transaction-specific dynamic security code, is used to process your payment.
- Your card number is authorized with TouchID thumbprint security or your passcode
- If your device is lost or stolen, you can easily suspend Apple Pay or wipe clean your device
- Your card numbers are never shared by Apple with the merchant
- Visa’s Zero Liability Policy1 protects you from liability in the event of fraudulent use
- Transactions are private and not stored by Apple
Getting started is simple
- Make sure your Apple Pay compatible device has the latest version of IOS 8
- Add your RBC Bank Visa Debit and Credit card to Apple Pay
- Use it within apps or hold you device near a contactless reader with your finger on TouchID on your device screen
Learn more about Apple Pay
- Learn about Apple Pay in Canada.
- See participating merchants.
- Learn how to set up and use Apple Pay.
‡ All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Cards are subject to credit approval.
1 Visa's Zero Liability Policy covers U.S. issued cards only and does not apply to commercial credit cards, ATM transactions, or PIN transactions not processed by Visa. Cardholder must notify card issuer promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult issuer for additional details or visit www.rbc.com/security.