You can use your RBC Bank Visa‡ Debit card to deposit U.S. currency and checks drawn on U.S. banks into to your primary† RBC Bank deposit account (i.e. checking, savings or money market) through any PNC Bank ATM that accepts deposits.
Important Information About U.S. Deposits:
To ensure your RBC Bank deposits, please remember to:
- Deposit only U.S. currency and U.S. dollar checks written from U.S. financial institutions. Canadian checks and currency cannot be processed.
- Endorse (sign the back of) each check item
- How do I add money to my account?
- There are seven easy ways to deposit money into your checking or savings account:
- ATM Deposits: You can use your RBC Bank Visa‡ debit card to deposit U.S. currency and checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions at any PNC Bank ATM†† that accepts deposits.
- U.S. Remote Deposit: Use your Smartphone or personal computer with scanner and secure internet connections to safely transmit images of U.S. based checks for deposit to your RBC Bank checking or savings accounts.
- Direct Deposit: Set up electronic deposits for regular payments such as your payroll or Social security benefits.
- Wire transfer: International, domestic and foreign exchange.
- External funds transfers: Transfer funds between your RBC Bank (U.S.) accounts and those you own with other U.S. financial institutions
- Cross-Border transfers: Unlimited immediate transfers between your RBC Royal Bank (Canadian) and RBC Bank (U.S.) accounts.
- U.S. mail: We provide convenient “bank by mail” envelopes to you at no charge. To order envelopes or to request additional deposit slips, call us at 1-800-769-2553 or click on Contact Us to send us a request. If you use your own envelope you will need to include the appropriate postage.
- How do I deposit cash?
- You can use your RBC Bank Visa debit card to deposit U.S. currency at any PNC Bank ATM†† that accepts deposits. You cannot deposit Canadian currency using PNC Bank ATMs. Please do not send cash via U.S. mail.
Funds Availability for ATM DepositsFor deposits made at nonproprietary ATMs (ATMs that are not owned or operated by us or located on our premises), the funds will normally be made available no later than the fifth business day after the day of your deposit. However, longer holds may be placed for other reasons as described in the "Longer Delays May Apply" and "Special Rules for New Accounts" section of the Funds Availability Policy located in your Service Agreement. If your deposited funds are subject to a hold beyond the fifth business day, you will receive a separate notification which will inform you when your funds will be made available.