You can use your RBC Bank Visa‡ Debit card to deposit U.S. currency and checks drawn on U.S. banks into to your primary† RBC Bank deposit account (i.e. checking, savings or money market) through any PNC Bank ATM that accepts deposits.
The majority of the ATMs in our no-fee network no longer require the use of an envelope to make cash or check deposits. This safe and secure ATM image technology is not only convenient, it makes depositing cash or checks easier because you don't need an envelope. Plus, the ATM does the math for you by automatically totaling your deposits on the screen and on your receipt! You simply put your cash and/or checks in the appropriate slot and the ATM does the rest. And, when you deposit checks, your receipt includes pictures of those checks.
Find a no-fee ATM that accepts deposits
Important U.S. ATM deposit rules:
- You may only deposit U.S. currency or checks in U.S dollars drawn on U.S. financial institutions into U.S. ATMs. Canadian dollars or checks from Canadian financial institutions will not be accepted.
- If you are depositing checks you must endorse (sign) each check.
- How do I add money to my account?
- There are seven easy ways to deposit money into your checking or savings account:
- ATM Deposits: You can use your RBC Bank Visa‡ debit card to deposit U.S. currency and checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions at any PNC Bank ATM†† that accepts deposits.
- U.S. Remote Deposit: Use your Smartphone or personal computer with scanner and secure internet connections to safely transmit images of U.S. based checks for deposit to your RBC Bank checking or savings accounts.
- Direct Deposit: Set up electronic deposits for regular payments such as your payroll or Social security benefits.
- Wire transfer: International, domestic and foreign exchange.
- External funds transfers: Transfer funds between your RBC Bank (U.S.) accounts and those you own with other U.S. financial institutions
- Cross-Border transfers: Unlimited immediate transfers between your RBC Royal Bank (Canadian) and RBC Bank (U.S.) accounts.
- U.S. mail: We provide convenient “bank by mail” envelopes to you at no charge. To order envelopes or to request additional deposit slips, call us at 1-800-769-2553 or click on Contact Us to send us a request. If you use your own envelope you will need to include the appropriate postage.
- How do I deposit cash?
- You can use your RBC Bank Visa debit card to deposit U.S. currency at any PNC Bank ATM†† that accepts deposits. You cannot deposit Canadian currency using PNC Bank ATMs. Please do not send cash via U.S. mail.
- How do I make a deposit at an ATM that doesn't use envelopes?
- Follow these simple steps to make a deposit at an ATM that doesn’t require an envelope:
- Insert your card, enter your PIN and select Deposit transaction from the main menu.
- Select the type of deposit you want to make - Checks or Cash.
- If you select Checks, follow the instructions on the screen to insert single or multiple checks.
- If you select Cash, follow the instructions on screen to make your cash deposit
- If you are depositing both checks and cash, they will need to be deposited separately. Follow the prompts on the screen to select which of these you would like to deposit first.
- Approve your cash or check deposit by following the prompts on the screen.
- Choose whether or not you would like a receipt for your deposit. All receipts will show the total amount of your deposit. If your deposit includes checks, your receipt will also display images of the checks you just deposited.
Funds Availability for ATM DepositsFor deposits made at nonproprietary ATMs (ATMs that are not owned or operated by us or located on our premises), the funds will normally be made available no later than the fifth business day after the day of your deposit. However, longer holds may be placed for other reasons as described in the "Longer Delays May Apply" and "Special Rules for New Accounts" section of the Funds Availability Policy located in your Service Agreement. If your deposited funds are subject to a hold beyond the fifth business day, you will receive a separate notification which will inform you when your funds will be made available.