U.S. automated teller machine (ATM) capabilities
While Canadians will find that U.S. ATMs and Canadian ABMs work generally in the same fashion, in the U.S. there are limitations on what functions you can accomplish at an ATM.
At a U.S. ATM, you can use your debit card to:
- Withdraw funds
- Access one checking and one savings account
- Deposit U.S. dollar checks from U.S. banks into your U.S. account at designated ATMs that accept deposits
- Pay your utility bills
- Get real-time account balances
- Generate statements or older account history
- Access multiple checking or savings accounts
RBC Bank does not charge a fee for ATM usage, however you may incur charges from the bank that owns the machine you use. Upon request, we’ll refund any ATM transaction fees other banks charge – up to four per cycle for Preferred Checking and Premium Checking account holders and two per cycle for Royal Embassy Checking and Direct Checking account holders.
How can I get my refund for ATM fees other banks charge?
Simply request your refund by calling 1-800 ROYAL 5-3 (1-800-769-2553). Or send us a secure message by signing in to Online Banking.